I've read a lot of these pieces with advice about trading and I have some favourite ones. Myself, I have found that it is very important to establish some own rules and follow them while trading that is why here are some of my own trading rules.
- Do not over-trade - never trade just because of trading.
- Take profit as well as take losses. In the end of the day make sure you are above breakeven.
- Never get too excited about profits and too emotional about losses.
- Consider trading as a job but do not get too serious about yourself.
- Always learn. The market is constantly changing organism.
- Get prepared for the trading day.
- Rely only on your own opinion. No guru or algo could help you, if you don't understand the market.
- Avoid ranging markets.